Clo.Outfit: Statement Belt Inspired by Button Masala





Why buy when you can make and reuse ('un-make' and make again and reuse.. ) alright, you get the idea,,


Today's outfit is a nod to Indian fashion designer Anuj Sharma's Button Masala collection. I made a very simple belt from items available at home and at NO extra cost. The belt can be un-made as easily and there is no sewing involved! I love how the belt adds that zing in terms of texture and pattern to these otherwise bland work wear basics. Animal prints are big this season and I paired up the outfit with slouchy boots, pink+beige argyle print socks to add that pop of color and a clay pendant worn as a bracelet.


It took me, umm…. less than a minute to make this belt. I used a scarf I had, a plastic lid from the kitchen (I know, talk about multi-purpose!), few coins and rubber-bands. Voila! 


What I'm wearing:
Belt: Scarf worn as belt (The scarf itself is a leftover piece of cloth from another dress) - c/o  Mum's closet
Skirt - H&M
Top -  Uniqlo
Boots - Steve Madden bought @ Moo Shoes, NYC (Vegan)
Socks - Argyle socks  from sockdreams.com (Eco-friendly)
Bag - Nine West (Vegan)
Accessories - Clay chain and pendant, worn as a bracelet (From a craft bazaar in India)
Eyeliner - Tarte (Natural)
Mascara - Tarte (Natural)
I was hugely inspired by Anuj Sharma's Button Masala collection.  The simplicity and versatility of the idea just blew me away. How sustainable and fun is fashion when you can play with your dress to create and re-create different styles and patterns!? I can see myself playing it to death :)


Watch Anuj demonstrate the Button Masala concept at TEDx Delhi here.  


1 comment:

  1. hi pallavi
    i just happened to see the belt by chance on your blog.
    thank you for trying out button masala technique.
    i will be happy to help you out with more possibilities using this technique.
    u can contact me on anujsharma.nid@gmail.com
    have a good day

    anuj

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line here!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...